Monday, February 1, 2010

Poor little David :(

Well, we had a very busy week! David had a mishap early Thursday morning. We ended up taking him in later in the day as he was falling down crawling, the Dr. thought he probably had a mild concussion and some dizziness as a result. My Aunt/Uncle were stopping by on their way to the beach later that day and my Uncle made the wise suggestion to check out his arms/legs. It did seem that it was more likely an appendage problem, but there were no bruises and he wasn't crying when I checked him out. Ended up calling the advice nurse again on Friday (they are the best!) and she said to go ahead and give to Monday to see if it was just sore/sprained.
This morning I had a dentist appointment and called back to checkin on my way home (yes, I was using my headset!). Ended up just grabbing him from home and bringing him in to the Dr's office yet again. He had x-rays done on his hand and wrist and it turned out that he does have a buckle fracture on his radial bone. Thankfully it did not need to be set, just casted, so we were able to take care of everything at his regular Dr's office. He was quite brave, never cried, just scowled and looked like his little, curious self throughout the whole process.
We are back home again and David is quite happy, although he is already starting to pick all the fuzz/loose strings off the cast...lil stinker...


A few pictures from Erin's housewarming party.
David enjoyed playing with his cousins!
He tried very hard to share Erin's wind-up toys with Felicity.


1 comment:

Men Who Pray said...

Im really sorry to hear about this! I cant imagine all the worry it must have caused you. I know that with our 8 month old i cringe every time I hear a thud. I pray for a quick recovery for him and no long lasting results from it.