Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hooray for feeling better today! David has been sick and we are so glad to be getting him back finally. I was missing his silly personality and yes, even his trouble-making. Tuesday was just about the saddest day ever- he probably slept for 90% of the day (in my lap) other than a couple half-hour segments of screaming and rolling in agony on the floor while refusing to be held or drink anything, a few moments in the doctor's office and a few minutes sleeping in a blanket on the floor while I made dinner. Poor kiddo!
Although a bit tired and weak, he is finally coming around today and we were able to enjoy the day together. Spent the morning on a 2 hour walk around the neighborhood followed by lots of tower-building and ball-throwing along with some toast and water (yea! he's eating! woohoo!). Here are a few pics from this afternoon, fresh from bath/nap, working on his exercises perhaps?






David's 'angry' face complete with cute little angry eyebrows and crazy hair.

For some reason I was tilting my head when taking this picture and he felt the need to join in the fun game.

WARNING: End of this video is a little sad hence the abrupt ending wherein I go and rescue him from being stuck...
He has developed this new head-banging game. Doesn't look too bad on the living room carpet, but he also does it outside in the driveway!! Last week he did it three times on the cement until his little forehead got a little scratch after which he looked up at me with his little scrunch-face and said "Owww!" Yes, David...hitting your head on asphalt is painful...hope he drops that activity soon!
While I'm here, I suppose I should also note that David has decided to increase his vocabulary quite a bit lately. In addition to the ever-important accessory words "hat" "sock" "shoes", he has added "duck" and "dog". He also makes bird noises both outside and when we're reading his books. His bird exposure here is mostly limited to black crows and he has their sound pretty well mastered. David attempts to make owl noises when we're reading, but they usually come out "booo booo" instead of "hoo hoo" - he does pick out the owls before I point to them now though.
Whenever we are outside, he'll wave at everyone that passes by and say "hi", just begging to make new friends. We are delighted that our new neighbors have a little boy just 6 months older than David, I am sure they will be great friends before long. Last week during our driveway-sunshine-time, he took off for their car, pulled up to the license plate and started trying to push it, grunting and saying "vroom vroom" - apparently his little Tonka trucks are not realistic enough anymore.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Long live the crazy hair!
The angry face photo, David really looks like Johnny Depp in Edward Scissorshands!
(ps did you see an olympic ice skater performed to john denver's Thank God I'm a Countryboy!!)

Rebecca said...

No way!! I think of you every time I listen to John Denver. Sigh. Happy times. I miss you friend!