Thursday, February 4, 2010

Such a boy!


My mother had a great deal of trouble with me,
but I think she enjoyed it.
-Mark Twain-

David was happily stacking a few little jars on top of each other in the kitchen, so I snuck into the garage to quickly check my email for the first time today. After about 3 minutes I heard David making his way toward the step into the garage. I turned around to look at him and the little stinker was covered in some unknown black paste. From his hair all the way to the soles of his shoes (seriously). I went to pick him up and noticed the trail of smeared black paste all over the carpet and into the kitchen. Sigh. Our floors had been freshly cleaned in anticipation for Ross's parents visit tomorrow. I carefully gathered up the little man so as to avoid getting the substance on me, stripped him down and got him cleaned up. I then set him on the floor behind me in the kitchen and started working on the floors. A short moment later I heard a sound and turned around to find the (once again freshly cleaned floor) covered in fennel and mustard seeds. So, I started up the vacuum. David started following me around and proceeded to wrap the cord around his neck while saying his favorite word, "hat". Don't worry- no more accidents, I was watching him closely! He then moved on to chasing [well, more like crawling after in his pitiful little tripod crawl. Too sad.] a little green bouncy ball around the room. He clung to it tightly all through bath time and story time and will likely still have it when we pick him up in the morning.




1 comment:

erin said...

I'd probably hide my spices from him after that!