Monday, June 13, 2011


Well, I'll start off with my favorite recent news from our household: David is potty-trained! Wahoo! Still putting him in pull-ups here and there like at night, but he is doing amazing. I seriously dreaded undertaking this forever, but decided to make it happen last week and I am so glad we did. I am pretty proud of him and love only having to buy/carry along one size of diapers :D
Grandma Gleason sent the boys some ladybug and butterfly larvae, David really enjoyed watching them change and grow and was not at all upset when we released them last week. He still talks about his ladybugs and butterflies and looks for them in the backyard.


Garrett has started eating solid food and he LOVES it. I am sure he is going to double in size over the next few weeks at the rate he is going, although at his 6 months appointment he had dropped to 50th percentile for weight while maintaining 95th percentile for height. He seems to have decided to skip rolling over and is pretty stuck on sitting up right now. His favorite activities are banging objects, balls, bath time, being tickled and watching David.


David really loves this stuffed animal and the accompanying book now after watching his own caterpillars turn into butterflies. He likes pushing Garrett in the stroller for our walks which makes for very slow progress around the block.
Saturday evening we celebrated my sister's 30th birthday! I met her and some of her friends downtown to enjoy some fleet week activities and stayed up much much much too late. We had fun though and thankfully the boys sleep through the night, so I'll catch back up eventually.

I started having David sleep on our bed for naps so that Garrett can be in his crib, first time in forever that I've been able to sneak a sleeping picture of him.






This is what happens when I try to capture Garrett's giggles on video. He has the sweetest little laugh and smiles, but.........

1 comment:

Holly said...

Yay DAVID!!!!! That's awesome!! Hope you guys are doing well