Garrett is such a little nut, he is crazy about sippy cups and tries so hard to grab anything anyone else is eating and put it in his mouth (and is so delighted when he succeeds!). He is just starting to get really angry if he drops something and can't get it back or if we take something away from him- he won't throw a fit, but he'll look upset and growl until he gets it back or is distracted by something else. He can never seem to resist pulling his feet up to his mouth, ripping his socks off and eating them- maybe I should get out more age appropriate toys for him so his feet won't be so chilly waiting for the real spring/summer weather to arrive...
We ran some errands this morning and came back to find a jolly jumper on our doorstep- we've been debating getting one for Garrett for awhile, and finally decided to just buy it and try it out. I think he will love it, tried it a little before naptime, but he was pretty tired.
He built this tower all by himself!
David is a lot of fun right now too, especially when he is not sick or sleep-deprived. He sings all day long while playing. We play lots of hide-and-seek together, and if I'm busy, his Hot Wheels play hide and seek around his lego creations. He is a big fan of doing things "all by myself". I am really tempted to goodwill all non-car/ball/lego toys except maybe a couple for Garrett... hmmm. He talks nonstop about anything and everything; and if he can't think of anything else to say, he just repeatedly asks, "How are you" "You good?" "I'm doing good!" He loves his daily chewable vitamins and tells Garrett frequently that when he gets bigger and is a big boy, he gets vitamins too!
Although he says he likes vitamin D, I was pretty disappointed a few days ago when he told me it was too sunny and then proceeded to ask the clouds to come and "eat the sunny ALL GONE". Sad. I think we need to spend some more time on the right side of the mountains so that he doesn't squint every time there's a slight break in the clouds.
I was pleasantly surprised today though when we got home from running errands (Costco...library...Fred Meyer...long time), ate lunch and when I went to check his diaper before naptime he was DRY!! That was the longest time yet and I am so amazingly proud of him, he has really been making progress in that area. I think we are both equally excited for him to "stay dry so many days and get stickers and fill up all the boxes and get treats and be big boy and wear thomas train UNDERWEAR!"
No comments:
Post a Comment