Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hat!

David's first word was hat and it has been a recurrent theme ever since. When he was smaller he would put anything on his head and call it a hat- boxes, lids, dishtowels... He helps me remember to put hats on Garrett when we head outside and always comments on the hats of passersby when we're out in public.
Yesterday we pulled out the playdough. I was helping him make little animals and snowmen and he was making them talk to each other and pretend to eat and "be friends". I asked him what he was going to make and he promptly made 2 "hats" - one for Garrett and one for himself. Wonder if he'll grow up to be a milliner...hmm.


Yesterday Garrett weighed in at 16 lbs! I have no idea where this kid comes from! He is huge and happy all the time. He really likes to try to grab onto things now and put them in his mouth. He also loves being tickled and responds by squirming and laughing, especially if you get his shoulder/neck. Too cute!

2 comments:

erin said...

that smile is amazing!

Holly said...

What a nice big brother David is! That's so sweet that he thinks to make Garrett one too. I can't believe how big Garrett is already!! He is so cute! Hope you guys are doing well.