Wondering how "Charlie Brown's Christmas" came to be David's current favorite bedtime book and also wondering why I ever decided to sing "Deck the Halls" on the last page when the kids come out to sing and cheer Charlie Brown up. I would really like to sing something else to him at nighttime sometime soon...but every time I try to switch back to our normal songs he lifts his head up and says "sing? sing? la la la?" Sigh. What can you do?
David and I are busy helping with VBS at our church this week! They really go all out and make it quite the production- I think there are about ~120ish volunteers and somewhere around 300ish kids! David loves the decorations, but I think he misses me a bit and gets a little overwhelmed by all the excitement and tons of kids everywhere. It's a good thing though and I look forward (not that I want him to grow up any faster!) to when he will be able to participate in the games, memorizing, stories and crafts with the big kids.
In other news, David's current favorite activity is reading. When he isn't babbling away reading to himself, he is carefully putting together a stack of 4-5 books to carry over to mom or dad wherein he proceeds to ask "read? please? lap?" and climbs up to settle in for some story time. He is still the most precious little snuggler and quick to give away kisses as well. He loves to sing, dance, play with guns and perhaps most of all, to run around outside. He is talking up a storm- I won't even attempt to list the latest in that realm...
3 comments:
seriously?? Less than 2 weeks??? I am sooooo excited to find out!
So nice to hear about David's latest antics. What a cutie - now you gotta get him to cuddle with strangers like me when I come to visit! :-)
love your updates, thanks Becky
Post a Comment