Saturday, May 30, 2009

Big Happenings in the Life of David

David is 6 months old today! I can hardly believe it and am so glad that he will not always be growing as fast as he is now. We had a successful trip to Dr. Gillespie's office on Friday; as you can see below, David really enjoys it there (until the shots come...). He is in the 90th percentile for height and head size, 45th for weight and doing just perfect.






I really appreciated his nurse this time; David was smiling at her and when she came back in to give him the shots she did so in such a way that David was looking at her instead of me. After the first one his expression said "Hey! That hurt, and I was smiling at you! Hmm, I will forgive you, but I didn't like that" - but after the 2nd shot it was more like "Mommy!!!! That realllly hurt and I need snuggles!"


Last weekend we were able to spend time with my whole family including David's amazing cousins, Madeline and Xander!

Last night David went with us to the drive-in! It was a pretty late night, but I think all 3 of us enjoyed it...as you can see below, Gabe (Jada's dad) is busy chaperoning.

First sippy cup!


My little snuggly napping baby...if you can't find an arm to hug, I suppose a crib bumper will have to do...

..and last, but not least, today was David's 1st introduction to solid foods! 

Ready for my first bite!!

As you can see, David wasn't the biggest fan of rice cereal. After this video, we tried making the cereal with water instead of formula and he seemed to like that a lot better :D
[Don't feel obligated to watch the whole thing...it's a bit long...]



2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, I love the shots of David with his twin brother! Awesome!

I can't really believe he's 6 months old and eating solid foods... I'm totally missing out on all the fun... I miss you!

Holly said...

haha... the mirror pics are great!!! What a funny little guy. I like his bumper snuggle buddy too haha... that's cute! Glad he's doing well.